I make these simple pancakes for breakfast at least once a week. They are made from a simple batter of oat and spelt flour, what gives the pancakes tasty nut flavor. This recipe can be made with different flours, but texture will vary.
- 1 cup/ 250 ml spelt flout
- 3/4 cup / 180 ml oat flour or ground oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (or 3 tsp vanilla sugar)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp coconut oil + more coconut oil for cooking
- 1 cup / 250 ml milk of your choice
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg, coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup or honey. Add dry ingredients to milk mixture, whisk until just combined.
- Heat a little bit of coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan. When the pan is hot, scoop the batter onto the warm pan. Cook until small bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes, and flip. Cook on the opposite sides until golden brown. Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more oil as needed.