It’s cookie time!
Well, to be honest, it’s always cookie time in my home. I can’t count how many times I’ve been asked to bake some cookies.
Lately, I’ve been experimenting and creating new recipes and I’m really excited about this one. These gluten-free cookies require only 6 ingredients, are very simple to make and they’re so delicious. I can never resist a good chocolate-coconut combo. In combination with vanilla and almond flour, it works just perfectly.
I love these cookies with melted chocolate and lemon zest on top but it’s up to you what you’ll use for topping.
Makes 10 cookies
- 1 cup almond flour (or ground almond)
- 2/3 cup dried shredded coconut
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract (or 1 tsp vanilla sugar)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 6 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 60 g dark chocolate, for drizzling
- Optional: zest of one organic lemon, for sprinkling on top of cookies
- Set the oven to 356 F / 180ºC.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour and coconut. Then add melted butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, egg and mix all the ingredients together. Add more coconut if needed.
- With wet hands, form the dough into individual cookies and place them onto parchment-lined baking tray. Bake for about 10 minutes. Let them cool completely on the baking tray.
- Melt the chocolate over a hot-water bath, stirring occasionally. Then pour the chocolate over the cookies and sprinkle with lemon zest. Enjoy!