These twice baked potatoes are one of my favourite side dishes. They can be a perfect appetizer or a delicious side to accompany roasts or salads. Stuffed with creamy mashed potatoes, bacon, cheese and fresh parsley, it’s a potato goodness!
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g / 1.7 oz bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 2 handfuls grated cheese (Cheddar, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Gruyère…)
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 195 F. Wash the potatoes under running water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Place the potatoes on a baking tray, spread them with the olive oil and bake them for about 50 minutes or until cooked through. Then let the potatoes cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan and add bacon chunks. Fry it over medium-high heat to render the fat and get crispy on all sides, about 5-7 minutes total.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Carefully scrape out the insides of potatoes into the mixing bowl, leaving potato shells intact.
- Mash the potato pulp until smooth. Add bacon, grated cheese, sour cream, chopped onion, parsley and a little bit of salt and black pepper. Spoon the mixture back into the potato shells.
- Bake at 200°C / 195 F for another 15 minutes.