Hey there! Today I’m back with another simple recipe for a delicious savoury dish. Teiyaki Chicken is one of my all time favorite asian-style dishes. The ingredient list is so simple, but it does work! The best part of this recipe- the whole meal is ready in just 15 minutes, it can’t get any better! Let me know if you try the recipe.
Have a nice Friday!
- 250 g / 8.8 oz boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup jasmine rice (1 part rice: 1 1/2 part water)
- sesame seeds and spring onion for garnish
- Canola oil, (or any cooking oil) for frying
For Teriyaki sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed in a press
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- In a large bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients. Add chicken pieces, stir and cover with plastic wrap and marinate for at least 30 minutes or best overnight.
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear. Drain the water. Place the rice in a pot. If you cook 1 cup of rice then add 1 ½ cup water in the pot and bring it to boil. Then turn the heat down to the lowest setting. Cover and simmer until the rice is cooked through. (Usually it takes about 10-15 minutes.)
- In the meantime, heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil. Remove chicken from marinade , add chicken to the hot pan and fry, stirring occasionally until golden and cooked through. Then transfer chicken to a bowl.
- Pour reserved marinade into the pan, bring to a boil stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Add chicken back to the pan and stir to combine.
- Serve over jasmine rice garnished with spring onion and sesame seeds.