I can’t imagine a day without dessert. Yes, I have a sweet dessert almost every day and I enjoy it without feeling guilty. The secret? Healthy, sugar-free, light treats. They always satisfy my cravings and keep my energy levels high.
This super simple parfait is one of my most favourite healthy desserts. Sometimes, I serve it also as a sweet, nutrient-packed breakfast to kick- start my day.
I used the homemade granola, but you can use pretty much any granola and any kind of fruit to make this parfait. If you don’t like greek yogurt, you can replace that too with whatever type of yogurt you prefer.
Makes 4 small parfaits or 2 big
- 500 g/ 17.6 oz plain greek yogurt
- Optional: 3 tsp vanilla extract (or 4 tsp vanilla sugar)
- 2 cups homemade chocolate granola (recipe: http://cakesnsteaks.com/chocolate-granola/ )
- 230 g mashed strawberries
- 70 g chopped strawberries
- 2 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- The chia pudding: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Set aside for 20-30 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Optional step: Stir the vanilla extract into the greek yogurt.
- Layering: Place a few teaspoons of granola into the bottom of 2 big or 4 smaller glasses. Then add a few teaspoons of yogurt followed by a big dollop of strawberry chia pudding. Repeat the layering and decorate as you wish.