Meet my new favourite supper dish for autumn. This delicious salad is perfect for colder evenings, it’s filled with healthy ingredients. It feels more like a proper meal, it’s especially filling from sweet potatoes and feta cheese. Lately I’ve been making roasted vegetables almost every night, it’s the easiest way to make vegetables tender and tasty. If you’re not a big fan of feta, try to make it with some goat cheese, cheddar or even with a chicken.
Let me know if you try the recipe!
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 aubergine
- 1 red onion
- 2-3 handfuls arugula, rinsed
- pined nuts
- fresh parsley, rinsed and chopped
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 392 F. Line a baking tray with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Cut the aubergine, sweet potatoes and onion into bite-size pieces. Put the veggies into a large bowl, add about 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and black pepper and toss to coat.
- Spread the cut vegetables in single layer on the prepared tray and bake for about 20-30 minutes or until soft and slightly browned.
- Arrange on a plat with arugula and top with feta, pine nuts and fresh parsley. If you want to, you can also drizzle a little bit of olive oil and lemon juice all over the salad.