About two weeks ago I shared a recipe for one of my most favorite salads. At the moment I’m eating salads almost every day so I’m trying lots of different veggie combinations and flavors. Lately I’ve been loving this Roasted Baby Potato Salad with asparagus so I thought why not to share another delicious salad recipe!
This simple seasonal salad is perfect as a side or as a main dish. Sometimes I use green peas or french beans instead of asparagus and it works just fine. Even if you’re not a big salad fan, I’m sure you’ll love this one. Nobody can resist to crispy roasted baby potatoes, right?
- 10.6 oz / 300 g baby potatoes
- 5.3 oz / 150 g green asparagus
- 5 radishes
- 1 small red onion or spring onion
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash your baby potatoes and cut them in half if they’re large. Boil the potatoes in salted water, lower the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are cooked through but not falling apart.
- In the meantime, wash the asparagus and radishes. Cut radishes into thin slices. Remove the woody part from the asparagus and cut into smaller pieces. Peel the onion and chop into small pieces.
- When potatoes are done, remove from heat and drain immediately.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large pan. Add potatoes, season with salt and black pepper and roast for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Then add asparagus, season again and roast for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer roasted veggies onto a plate, sprinkle with radish slices, chopped onion and parsley. Drizzle with lemon juice and serve hot.