Sometimes, I don’t feel like cooking or spending too much time in the kitchen. I just want to make something quick, delicious and satisfying. That’s when I reach for a smoothie. It can be my breakfast, lunch or snack. After working out, I always enjoy a smoothie with a scoop of protein powder, good quality cocoa powder and nut butter. But that’s for another post!
I truly love this smoothie. The combination of sweet bananas and sour currants is really delicious and it goes very well with yogurt and almonds on top. You can use fresh or frozen fruits in this smoothie. If you don’t have black or red currant, feel free to use blueberries or strawberries instead.
- 3 big frozen or fresh bananas
- 2/3 cup mixed black and red currants
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup yogurt (coconut, greek, soy…)
- a handful of almonds (I used blanched sliced almonds)
- a handful of fresh currants
- Add bananas, currants, milk and maple syrup to a blender and blend on a high-speed until smooth. Add a bit of milk if it’s too thick.
- Pour the smoothie into jars, top with a few tablespoons of yogurt and mix with a spoon. Then top with almonds and fresh currants. Serve immediately.