Trust me, this raw chocolate cake is one of the simplest dessert you will ever make. Basically all you have to do is to put the ingredients into a blender and mix, that’s it! I think even if you’re not a fan of healthy treats, you’ll fell in love with this cake. It’s heavenly delicious, rich and chocolatey.
We start with making an almond crust with dates. Instead of dates you can also use dried raisins or figs. Feel free to add vanilla, chili or cinnamon to cocoa cashew cream. Let the cake cool for at least 12 hours. The waiting is the hardest part! To speed up the cooling process, you can put the cake in the freezer for 5-6 hours, but remove it at least 20 minutes before cutting so it has a perfect smooth texture.
Try it out and let me know how you like it.
Have a nice weekend guys!
For the base:
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted (if using dried dates, soak in hot water for 10 minutes, then drain)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 tbsp water
For the filling:
- 2 cups cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or coconut butter), melted but not hot
- 1/2 cup raw honey (vegans use agave nectar)
- 1/3 cup raw cocoa powder
- Add almonds, dates and water into a food processor and pulse to chop until you get a sticky dough. Press the dough to the bottom of the 7 inch cake tin. Place it in the freezer while making the filling.
- Place all filling ingredients into a blender and blend on high until very smooth (this make take a couple minutes so be patient).
- Pour the filling out onto the crust and smooth with a spatula.
- Place your cake in the fridge overnight. To speed up the process, you can put it in the freezer for 5-6 hours.
- Before serving garnish the cake with some berries and coconut chips. Enjoy!