Making a smoothie bowl is the easy way to turn a smoothie into a complete meal. The basic idea is to make a smoothie thicker and then top it with some of your favourite ingredients as fruits, seeds, oats or granola. The trick is to use frozen fruit. I make almost all of my smoothies with frozen bananas instead of fresh. It gives creamy and smooth texture. I frequently freeze the bananas to use them for baking or making smoothies. So the next time your bananas are about to become overripe, peel and cut them into chunks, place them in a plastic freezer bag and put it in the freezer. You’ll always be ready for smoothies, ice cream or banana bread.
- 2 big frozen bananas
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup milk of you choice
- 8 big strawberries
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 2 tbsp honey or maple super
- a good handful of chocolate granola or rolled oats (the recipe on chocolate granola:http://cakesnsteaks.com/sk/chocolate-granola/ )
- one banana, cut into slices
- 5 strawberries, cut into slices
- one kiwi, cut into pieces
- 20 g /0.7 oz dark chocolate
- Cut bananas into pieces, place them in a plastic freezer bag or container and put them in the freezer for at leat 3 hours. Before making a smoothie, pull them out from the freezer and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt chocolate in the microwave or over a hot-water bath.
- Put the frozen bananas with milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Then add strawberries, honey and oats and blend for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. If your smoothie is too thin, add more strawberries and oats.
- Transfer the smoothie to two bowls and top with a good handful of chocolate granola, banana and strawberry slices and pieces of kiwi. Pour melted chocolate in desired pattern on the sides of your smoothies.