There are so many dessert recipes on the blog that it might look like I eat nothing but sweets. I really enjoy baking desserts and I have a sweet tooth, but I also love veggies, soups, good quality meat and of course, pasta.
This week we are visiting Prague, so I cooked with leftover ingredients last week. This meal is just a random pasta recipe that turns out so good! It’s simple, delicious and ready within 15 minutes.
- 7.1 oz/ 200 g penne
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 7.1 oz/ 200 g champignons mushrooms, cut into slices
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 smaller sausage, cut into thin slices
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the penne, saving 4 tablespoons of cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the champignons and season with salt. Sauté for 6-8 minutes until softened. Add the chopped garlic cloves and cook, stirring frequently for about 1 minute. Then add the tomatoes and sausage, season with salt and black pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add the pasta water and spinach, toss until spinach wilts slightly. Finally add the cooked penne and stir to combine. Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese.