After almost two-week blog break, I’m back with a new delicious recipe! If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know that I spent the last week in Mallorca. It was amazing! I’m editing the photos from our trip right know. Hopefully I’ll put my first travel post together in the next few days or so. I hope you’ll like it!
Let’s get back to my new recipe now. This Overnight Berry Oatmeal is also called Bircher Muesli. Oh guys, let me tell you something. This is the best summer breakfast ever. I could eat it every morning! So simple, delicious and also good for you! It always fills me up until lunchtime. My favorite version is with berries, but it’s also perfect with shredded apple and walnuts. Instead of greek yogurt, you can also use coconut yogurt, sour cream or classic plain yogurt.
2 small or 4 big servings
- 1 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup berries, I used blueberries, raspberries and strawberries (thawn if frozen)
- 2-3 tbsp running honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup nuts, chopped into small pieces
- Add berries, yogurt and honey into a blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl, mix oats and nuts. Add the berry-yogurt mixture and mix until just combined.
- Put the oatmeal into the fridge overnight.
- Serve with almond butter, chocolate granola and fresh berries on top.