This orange salad with lemon & ginger dressing has been calling my name ever since the autumn arrived. It’s easy to make, delicious, packed with vitamins and it will definitely boost your immune system. It consists mostly of fruits, so it can be also served as a healthy dessert. If you love adding fruits to your salads, I’m sure you will fall in love with this recipe or you can also check my another recipe for a mandarin salad that I shared few moths ago.
Here’s some recipe notes:
- If you want to make this salad a filling meal, you could add some cheese. Crumbled goat cheese, feta or ricotta go very well with it.
- I’m obsessed with croutons in salads! For me, they’re the start of every salad. Try this salad with home-made olive oil croutons, they can be a very delicious addition. (There are 2 options how to prepare croutons. You can fry them in hot oil olive in a big frying pan until crispy or you can preheat the oven to 375 F/ 190°C, place the bread cubes on a baking tray lined with a parchment paper, drizzle with a little bit of oil and put them in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes, then remove the tray, stir croutons and bake for another 5-10 minutes depending on how browned and crunchy you want them).
- If you prefer local fruit, use apples or pears instead of oranges.
- The almonds can be replaced with any other nuts or seeds.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp finely shredded ginger
- a pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 slices of bread
- 4 handfuls of greens of your choice
- 2 oranges, cut into slices
- 1/2 pomegranate
- handful of almonds
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, shredded ginger, honey or maple syrup, and a pinch of sea salt. Set the dressing aside.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add almond to the pan and fry until golden-brown.
- In a big bowl, combine greens, slices of oranges and pomegranate seeds.
- Divide your orange salad onto plates and sprinkle with crunchy almonds. Finally drizzle your lemon & ginger dressing over each serving. Enjoy!