I love eating an oatmeal for breakfast. It’s easy to make and it keeps me full until lunch. Eating classic plain oatmeals could get boring quickly so I always try to come up with new flavors. One of them is this tasty orange oatmeal topped with my favourite ingredients – chocolate granola, berries and chia seeds. An orange juice adds something a little special to ordinary breakfast meal and always freshens up my morning.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup water (or a little more if you like thinner oatmeal)
- juice from 1/2 orange
- 1 tbsp dried shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp agave syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or vanilla sugar, vanilla bean)
- slices from the second half of orange
- chocolate granola (you can find recipe here: http://cakesnsteaks.com/chocolate-granola )or dark chocolate
- fruits of your choice (I love this oatmeal with berries)
- seeds of your choice (I used chia seeds)
- In a small saucepan, bring oats, coconut, water, and orange juice to a boil while stirring frequently. Stir in agave syrup and vanilla. Cook for at least 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Transfer the oatmeal into a bowl. To serve, top with orange slices and your favourite fruits. Then sprinkle chia seeds and chocolate granola on top.