Today I have for you a healthier christmas cookie inspiration. If you are a fan of oatmeal, muesli bars or granola, you will definitely love these oatmeal cookies with nuts, cranberries and chocolate. I like them especially during the holiday season but they’re perfect any time of the year. You can also have them for breakfast. Just break them into pieces and add to your favourite yogurt. Yum!
If you’re not a big fan of dried fruit, add one mashed banana or grated apple to the butter, I’m sure it can be a very delicious addition.
Enjoy your weekend
- 150 g / 5.3 oz rolled oats
- 75 g / 2.6 oz spelt or all-purpose flour
- 2/3 tsp baking powder
- 75 g / 2.6 oz butter or coconut oil
- 8 tbsp maple syrup or running honey
- 5 tbsp milk
- 2 handfuls of nuts, chopped
- 2 handfuls of cranberries, chopped
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 70 g / 2.5 oz chocolate (I used half dark and half milk chocolate)
- Melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, stir in maple syrup or honey.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, nuts, cranberries and cinnamon.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine. Then add milk and mix.
- Preheat oven to 350º F / 180º C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Fill a cookie cutter with 2-3 teaspoons of oat mixture, and press it down with a teaspoon. Repeat the process until all the dough has been used.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes. Let the cookies cool completely on the baking tray, they will harden after cooling.
- In the meantime, melt chocolate over a hot-water bath. Then drizzle the cookies with chocolate. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.