If you love light and quick desserts, these tartalettes are perfect for you. I like to prepare them for breakfast or as a healthy sweet treat. What I love the most about these tasty “mini cheesecakes” is their smooth chocolate flavor and the dough. The dough made of oats and dates is my favourite. It contains only natural ingredients and it doesn’t have any added sugar. And it’s still very sweet! A good food processor may come in handy for grinding oats, dates and nuts. It’s my big time saver while preparing the meals.
These tartalettes taste amazing with white chocolate as well so if you’re white chocolate lover, feel free to use it instead of the dark one. You can also prepare the dough with whatever type of nuts you have. If you’re allergic to nuts, replace them with sunflower seeds. You could also add some protein powder to the filling as well, but it’s an optional ingredient. I use it only to increase the nutritional content.
So go on and try this simple recipe. I promise, you won’t regret.
- 100g/ 3.5 oz rolled oat
- 65g/ 2.3 oz nuts (I used almonds)
- 7 pitted dates
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil or melted butter
- 375g/ 13.2 oz curd cheese or mascarpone
- 130g/ 4.6 oz greek yogurt
- 100g/ 3.5 oz dark chocolate
- Optional: 5 tbsp protein powder
- berries and dried shredded coconut
- Grind oats and nuts in a food processor until they become a fine powder. Add dates, water, coconut oil and mix until it all comes together. Put the crust mixture in four tartalettes forms and press it evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the forms (if your forms aren’t silicone, grease them with some oil). Pressing the dough into forms can be tricky so I recommend you keep your hands wet when working with the dough. Then place the tart form in the fridge to chill for one hour.
- Melt the chocolate over a hot water-bath, stirring occasionally. In a big bowl, combine the curd cheese, greek yogurt and protein powder. Then slowly add the melted chocolate and mix well after each addition. Pour the filling into tartalettes forms and place them in the fridge for at least 3 hours (or overnight).
- Just before serving, arrange berries on tartalettes and sprinkle them with some coconut.