About two months ago, I bought some kitchen stuff. Lots of different things including new popsicle molds that I put somewhere in my cupboards and totally forgot about. Fortunately, summer is still here so I will share a couple of popsicle recipes in next coming weeks.
What I love about the popsicles is their simplicity. Just mixing a few ingredients, pouring into molds and freezing. These mango greek yogurt popsicles come together quite quickly and are super refreshing. Perfect for hot days as a delicious and healthy treat.
If you don’t have popsicle molds, you can use paper or plastic cups instead. Small yogurt containers are also an inexpensive stand-in for molds. To remove the popsicles from their molds, hold the molds under lukewarm running water for a while. Make sure that the water hits the top, middle and also bottom of your pops. By doing so, you should remove them easily without breaking in half.
- 400 g/ 14.1 oz mango, pitted and peeled
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 tbsp honey or maple syrup (add more according to your taste)
- 300 g/ 10.6 oz greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 40 g/ 1.4 oz dark chocolate, for drizzling + shredded coconut for sprinkling
- Add chopped mango, orange juice and 2 tbsp of honey to a blender and blend on a high-speed until smooth.
- Mix greek yogurt, vanilla and 2 tbsp of honey.
- Pour the blended mango mixture into the bottom of the mold, add a few teaspoons of yogurt, then add mango puree again and fill the molds with the remaining yogurt.
- Pop in your sticks and freeze at least for 5 hours. If you don’t use popsicle molds, put your pops in the freezer for about 15-25 minutes (or more) and then you can pop in the sticks, so they don’t fall.
- Remove popsicles from the mold, drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with coconut. Enjoy!