This recipe doesn’t need that much introduction. It’s a classic Italian dish which works great for a lunch or hearty dinner. The secret behind delicious lasagna with a crispy top and rich, meaty centre lies in the Bolognese sauce. I’ve already shared the recipe of my Bolognese which tastes incredible, so check it out!
- Bolognese sauce (recipe: http://cakesnsteaks.com/spaghetti-bolognese-bolognese-toats/ )
- 300 g dried lasagna sheets
- 600 ml milk
- 1.8 oz/ 50 g butter
- 1.8 oz/ 50 g plain flour
- a handful of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- a pinch of sea salt
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 70 g Parmesan cheese, grated + some extra Parmesan on top
- Prepare the Bolognese sauce according to this recipe: http://cakesnsteaks.com/spaghetti-bolognese-bolognese-toats/ .
- Make the Bechamel sauce: Melt the butter in a pan over a medium-low heat, then mix in the flour and stir rapidly for about 2 minutes or until bubbling. Gradually whisk in milk and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium, season with black pepper, salt, parsley, bay leaf and nutmeg. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 to 8 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese. Don’t forget to remove bay leaf from your sauce.
- Prepare the lasagna: Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400 F. Spoon a third of the Bolognese into the bottom of ungreased baking dish (roughly 20 x 30 cm / 11.8″ x 7.9 “). Layer with lasagna sheets and a quarter of your Bechamel sauce. Repeat layers twice. Finally, add the fourth layer of lasagna sheets and spread the remaining Bechamel sauce on top. Sprinkle over some grated Parmesan cheese and bake the lasagna for 35-45 minutes or until golden-brown on top. Remove from the oven and allow lasagna to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and some rocket.