These are my favourite energy truffles. They take only a couple of minutes to make and are super delicious! If you want to increase its protein content and nutritional value, add the protein powder. If you want your truffles to be super healthy, use the chocolate sweetened with stevia or coconut sugar.
- 84 g/ 15 pitted dates (if dried, soak in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain)
- 50 g/ 1/3 cup walnuts
- 100 g/ 2/3 cup oats
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar or honey
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp water
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz good quality dark chocolate
- Optional: 3 tbsp protein powder
- Put oats and walnuts in a food processor and blend for about one minute, or until ground to a flour. Then add in dates, cocoa powder, coconut oil, maple syrup, water, and protein powder. Blend for about 2 minutes or until it forms up like a ball. If the dough is too dry and crumbly, add 1-2 tbsp of water. Place the mixture in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate over a hot- water bath, stirring occasionally. Them form 17- 20 small round truffles and place them in the fridge fot about 15 minutes.
- Coat balls in melted chocolate. Decorate as you wish! Enjoy