A little while ago I shared my recipe for crunchy chocolate granola, which is probably my most fave breakfast in the world. But lately, I’ve been thinking it’s time for a change. So instead of dark chocolate, I used the white one, added puffed quinoa, coconut chips and cranberries to the oat & nut mixture and that was it. I know, nothing-life changing but these small changes mean a completely different flavor profile. This granola was love at first taste! Perfect breakfast or snack. So simple yet so delicious!
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup puffed quinoa
- 1/2 cup nuts of your choice, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut chips
- 100 g / 3.5 oz melted butter or coconut oil
- 6 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 g / 3.5 oz white chocolate, chopped
- a handful of cranberries
- Preheat oven to 370 F/ 170°C. Line a baking tray with a sheed of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, puffed quina, coconut chips and chopped nuts. Add melted butter, honey, vanilla, beaten egg white and mix until just combined.
- Spread the mixture out on the prepared baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes, then stir and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on the baking tray without stirring. Then add the chopped chocolate and cranberries to your granola and mix.
- Finally transfer the granola to an airtight container and store at room temperature. It will keep fresh for up to two weeks.