I’m not going to lie. From time to time I crave for something crispy from McDonald’s. But why eat unhealthy fried chicken when these chicken nuggets taste so good? Moreover, they’re cheap, easy to make and definitely lower in fat than fried chicken.
These nuggets are baked in cornflakes what add some extra crunch and yummyness. They’re perfect for lunch or dinner or as a movie night snack. I always serve them with a sweet chili dip, a salad or vegetable fries which make a great side dish. So next time you are craving something unhealthy packed with calories, try to make this recipe and believe me, you’ll not regret it.
- 500g/ 1.2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 3-4 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (you can use also Parmesan, Emmental, Edam, Gruyère, Cheddar…)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Optional: 1 clove of garlic, minced
- In a big bowl, combine yogurt, lightly beaten egg, grated cheese, olive oil, salt, pepper and minced garlic. Mix well together. Put the marinade aside while preparing meat.
- Cut chicken breasts into desired sized nuggets.
- Place chicken nuggets into the marinade and mix well. Let them rest in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 392F/ 200ºC. Line baking trays with a sheet of a parchment paper.
- Put cornflakes into a plastic bag and crush with a rolling-pin. Transfer them on a big plate or in a bowl and press the chicken nuggets into crushed cornflakes until coated. Then spread in one layer on the baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with your favourite dip and enjoy.