A few nights ago, I had a dream about brownies. As soon as I woke up I went to a store, bought some chocolate and baked these beautiful cocholate brownies with strawberries and cashews. And they came out perfectly! They are not overly sweet, which I appreciate, but they have a very rich chocolate taste, what basically means that you can’t eat many pieces of these at the same time, but that’s a good thing, right?
- 180 g/ 6.3 oz dark chocolate (I used chocolate with 60% cocoa solids)
- 1/3 cup / 70 g butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- a pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract (or 1 tsp vanilla sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp melted honey or maple syrup
- a handful of strawberries, chopped (or blueberries, raspberries, cherries…)
- a handful of cashews (or almonds, walnuts, pecans…)
- Preheat oven to 338 F / 175ºC. Grease a 9 inch round cake pan with butter.
- In a big bowl, mix spelt flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt
- Melt chocolate and butter over a hot-water bath, stirring occasionally. Let it cool for about 10 minutes. Then, beat in eggs, one at a time. Add honey and vanilla, stir well.
- Add the chocolate mixture to dry ingredients and mix well. Spread batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with chopped strawberries and cashews.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Let brownies cool for 15 minutes before cutting. Pour honey over brownies and enjoy!