I can’t count how many time I’ve made a smoothie bowl over the last weeks or so. I’m really in love with them! As the weather starts to warm up, it makes an amazing breakfast or dessert.
This chocolate smoothie bowl tastes like a chocolate icecream or Milkshake, but it has no added rafinated sugar. I like to use dates as a sweetener to replace sugar in desserts. It’s an amazing natural sweetener that I always keep in my pantry.
P.S. : Don’t forget to freeze some bananas the day before making your smoothie bowl!
- 2 big or 3 small frozen bananas
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml milk of your choice (I used almond milk)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 pitted dates (if dried, soak in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain)
- 1-2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Optional: 2 tbsp protein powder
- 1 nectarine, cut into thin wedges
- 1 kiwi, cut into slices
- 1 handful of berries
- 20 g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tsp greek yogurt
- Optional: banana slices on top (I used dried bananas)
- Cut bananas into pieces, place them in a plastic freezer bag or container and put them in the freezer for at leat 5 hours (or overnight). Before making a smoothie, pull them out from the freezer and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt chocolate in the microwave or over a hot-water bath.
- Put the frozen bananas with milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Then add cocoa powder, dates, honey, protein powder (if using) and blend for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
- Transfer the smoothie to two bowls and top with fruits. Finally, decorate with greek yogurt and pour melted chocolate in desired pattern on your smoothies. Enjoy!