Today I want to share with you what I eat for breakfast almost every morning. I’ve been loving this oatmeal for a long time now. It’s delicious, healthy and loaded to the brim with chocolatey goodness. Yum!
I usually use my normal whey protein powder to make this oatmeal but you can use plant based one if you prefer. Or, if you have vanilla protein powder, go ahead and use it. If you’re not a big fan of protein powders, you can also use about two teaspoons of cocoa powder and a little bit of maple syrup. I’m sure it will be delicious!
You can also make this the night before. All you have to do is put all ingredients together, stir and pop the jar in the fridge. Then you can wake up to a ready-made nutritious, delicious breakfast. Easy, right?
- 5 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- a splash of milk (1/2 – 2/3 cup, I used coconut and rice milk)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Optional: 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- Topping: berries, apple, nuts…
- Put all ingredients in a small pot and allow to come to a simmer on medium-low heat. Give it a good stir from time to time.
- Cook until the oatmeal is very soft, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the oatmeal into a bowl. To serve, top with fruit and nuts.