I am a huge chocolate lover. Chocolate is the first thing I think of when I hear the word dessert. I make all kinds of chocolaty treats but a mousse has a special place in my heart. I’ve been trying out many versions of avocado-chocolate mousse but so far this recipe is my favorite. Instead of eggs and heavy cream, I use avocado and canned coconut milk, but you can’t taste a difference! It’s rich, sweet and everything you could want in a mousse.
I hope you like the recipe and let me know if you try it!
- 120 g good quality chocholate
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or running honey
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl set over a pan of hot water. Take off the heat and stir until smooth. Put it aside for few minutes to cool down.
- Put avocado, vanilla, coconut milk and maple syrup into a blender (or food processor) and blend until smooth. Pour in the cooled chocolate and blend until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between 2-4 small jars, then pop in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Top with berries, coconut chips and shredded chocolate before serving.