Is there anything better than a chocolate mousse?! It’s one of my all time favorite dessert recipes that I always come back to. I’ve tried many different versions so far and this one is a pure perfection. It requires only 2 ingredients – a good quality dark chocolate and a heavy whipping cream, and it can be made in 20 minutes or less…how awesome is that? Here I made this mousse with a strawberry cream but feel free to use any fruit you like.
I hope you like the recipe and let me know if you try it!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 60 g good quality dark chocolate
- 2 tsp vanilla (vanilla sugar, pasta, powder, essence..)
- 1/2 cup strawberries (thaw if using frozen berries)
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Optional: 1-2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Set aside to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Blend strawberries in a blender or food processor. Add lemon juice and 1 tsp of vanilla, mix well. Add honey or maple syrup if your puree is too sour.
- Pour cream in a bowl and using an electric mixer whip cream on medium until soft peaks form.
- Divide the cream in half. Gently stir melted chocolate and 1 tsp of vanilla into one half of whipped cream. Mix in your strawberry puree into other half, saving about 2 tablespoons.
- Place strawberry puree as bottom layer in 2-3 small glasses. Top evenly with strawberry cream and then scoop over chocolate mousse. Sprinkle almond flakes on top. Enjoy!