We still have a few weeks until Christmas, but it’s never too early to start testing new holiday recipes. If you love chocolate as much as I do, believe me, you’ll love these Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles.
These truffles are an indulgent treat that is insanely easy to make. They can also make a great little surprise gift. The recipe has only 4 basic ingredients: chocolate, hazelnuts, butter and vanilla powder. Make sure you use a good quality chocolate, great chocolate makes great truffles!
You can roll them in cocoa powder, pistachios, shredded coconut or ground nuts. Nothing is off-limits here, use anything you like! Feel free to use white chocolate in place of the dark one.
I hope you like the recipe and let me know if you try it!
Makes 16-20 truffles
- 6 oz / 170 g good quality chocolate
- 3.2 oz / 90 g butter or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup / 90 g hazelnut, roughly ground
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Melt the chocolate and butter or coconut oil in a non-plastic bowl set over a pot of lightly steaming water. Stir from time to time. Once melted, let it cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Add ground hazelnuts, 1 tsp of vanilla powder and mix until just combined.
- Chill the chocolate mixture in the fridge for about 30-40 minutes. Then shape the mixture into balls by rolling between the palms of your hands. Roll truffles in cocoa powder and place in the fridge for another 20 minutes.
- Store the truffles in the fridge. Remove from the fridge a few minutes before serving.