This chocolate fondant is the most perfect dessert for chocolate lovers. It’s one of those impressive, sophisticated desserts that look super difficult to make, but in fact, it’s far from complicated. It has a rich chocolate flavor and its liquid centre is just sublime. No fancy ingredients and no long preparation. Believe me, you will love this gourment treat.
To make chocolate fondant even more delicious, serve it with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and berries. Use a good quality chocolate for best results . If you use dark chocolate, you may need to use a little bit more sugar to sweeten. Feel free to add vanilla extract, cinnamon or a little bit of ground coffee to the batter. Keep an eye on your fondants as they bake. Every oven is different, so the baking time may vary. When the tops of fondants have formed a crust and they are starting to come away from the sides of the moulds, they’re done. Properly greasing the moulds with butter is very important step, otherwise it might be difficult to remove fondants from their moulds, so don’t forget about it!
Enjoy and let me know if you liked the recipe.
Serves 4-6 (depending on the size of your moulds)
- 200 g good quality chocolate, chopped into small pieces (I used 60% dark chocolate)
- 140 g unsalted butter, in small pieces + more for greasing the moulds
- 4 eggs
- 60 g plain or spelt flour
- 100 g raw cane or coconut sugar
- Melt chocolate and butter over a hot-water bath. Remove bowl from the heat and cool for approximately 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 392 F / 200°C. Grease the moulds with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix together 4 eggs and sugar with a whisk until thick. Pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture and mix. Then stir in flour and mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter into moulds, place them on a baking tray and bake for 10-13 minutes or until the tops have formed a crust and they are starting to come away from the sides of their moulds.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 1 minute. Then turn the fondants out onto plates and serve immediately.