Do you have your favourite recipe that you always make again and again instead of trying something new? Well, if yes, you’re not alone! Every time I crave something sweet and do not have too much time for baking, I reach for this banana snack cake. It’s not too dry, too sweet or too heavy. It has an amazing light texture, nice banana flavor and it’s also super duper easy!
This cake is made only with oat and almond flour. If you have gluten intolerance, use gluten free oats. I always grind oats and almonds at home, it’s way cheaper then buying a flour.
Let me know if you try the recipe. Have a great Friday and enjoy your weeekend too! xoxo
- 180 g / 6.3 oz oat flour
- 60 g / 2.1 oz almond flour
- 30 g / 1.1 oz dried shredded coconut
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 medium-sized bananas, mashed with a fork
- 1/2 cup greek or coconut or soy yogurt
- 2 eggs (vegans use chia eggs)
- 70 g coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 100 g / 0.7 oz good quality dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 374°F / 190°C. Line a 20 cm x 25 cm (7.8 inch x 9.8 inch) cake pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix oat flour, almond flour, shredded coconut and baking powder.
- In another bowl, combine mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and stir together. Then stir in chopped chocolate.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes.