I made this bruschetta with chorizo and mozzarella for dinner yesterday. It turned out so good that I have to share a recipe with you! It’s a great and simple budget recipe that easily takes care of any leftovers you have in your fridge. Basically, all you need is some bread, sauce, salami, cheese, veggies and fresh herbs on top. That’s it! And here’s the best part about this recipe: only 10 minutes of prep work and the oven does the rest.
My initial plan was to make Italian-style bruschetta since it’s a classic Italian dish but the only salami I had in my fridge was chorizo. I decided to add a little bit of chilli sauce, fresh chilli peppers on top (yes, we love spicy food a lot) and we had more like a Mexican-style bruschetta, it was really good! Feel free to use anything you like for toppings.
So here we go!
- 4 large or 8 small slices of rustic bread or baguette
- sweet chilli sauce
- chorizo salami
- mozzarella, cut into small pieces
- red and yellow tomatoes, cut into slices
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: red chilli pepper, cut into small pieces
- fresh herbs of your choice, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place bread slices onto prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops with chilli sauce and set aside.
- Top each slice with chorizo, tomato slices and mozzarella.
- Season lightly with sea salt and black pepper. Top with chilli, if using.
- Place into oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Top with fresh herbs and serve. Enjoy!