The last few days have been quite hectic. Moving back home after living abroad, looking for a new place, studying..well, I’m sure you know the drill! I’m happy to be finally back with a new recipe for this amazing Apple Walnut Pound Cake.
To be honest, I’m not a big fan of pound cakes or anything “cakey”, really. I much more prefer truffles, raw desserts or puddings, but there’s something special about this cake. Apples and cinnamon go hand-in-hand and the moisture of apples keeps the cake fresh longer. I also add some chocolate for extra sweetness, you can’t never have enough of chocolate, right?
I hope you like the recipe and let me know if you try it!
- 250 g / 8.8 oz spelt flour
- 1/4 cup brown or coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 big apples, peeled and shredded
- a handful of chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 356 F/ 180°C.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk and butter or oil.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ones, add shredded apples, walnut and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured pan and bake for about 45 minutes.