Autumn, apples, cinnamon. These three just go hand in hand. Finally it’s apple season and I’m really excited about trying some new apple recipes. Actually, apple is my most favourite fruit and that’s one of the reasons why I love autumn so much.
These pancakes have a lovely apple flavour and are quick to make. Drizzled with honey or maple syrup they taste just like heaven. They’re my most favourite breakfast at the moment, I could eat them every day! Give this recipe a try, I’m sure you will love it!
Have a nice weekend guys!
- 1 big apple, peeled and finely shredded
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey or maple sirup
- 1 cup spelt or all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (add more or less according to your taste)
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together shredded apple, egg, milk, coconut oil and honey. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and mix until just combined.
- Heat a little bit of coconut oil or butter in a large non-stick frying pan. When the pan is hot, scoop the batter onto the warm pan. Cook until small bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes, and flip. Cook on the opposite sides until golden brown. Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more oil as needed.