If I could eat only one thing for the rest of my life, I’d pick pasta. I’m pasta’s number one fan. I love it in all shapes and types.
Pasta pretty much goes hand in hand with tomatoes. It’s classic, simple and tasty combo. This fresh tomato and basil sauce comes together in a few minutes and is packed with so much flavour. You can’t go wrong with sweet tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic and olive oil. It just works.
Give it a try next time you experience ‘no time to cook’ situation. I’m sure you will love it!
- 200 g/ 7.1 oz spaghetti
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5-8 garlic cloves, chopped into small pieces
- 350 g /12.3 oz cherry tomatoes, cut into half
- a bunch of fresh basil leaves, chopped into small pieces
- sea salt and black pepper
- Optional: grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente. When the pasta is cooked, drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and turn the heat on the medium. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, or until soft and lightly golden.
- Stir in chopped basil leaves for a few minutes, then add the tomatoes and season with salt and black pepper. Give everything a stir, cover with a lid and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and serve with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves.