Truffles are one of those desserts I can never resist. I love to make (and eat) all different kinds of them: chocolate, cocoa, cheesecake, orange, coconut, protein and so on. It’s the kind of sweet treat that I always want to have in my fridge. It’s not only very easy to make, but also super yummy and healthy.
These 3 ingredients cashew & cocoa truffles are the simplest dessert I make. All you have to do is blend all the ingredients in a food processor, form the truffles and coat them in the toppings. It couldn’t be simpler!
This recipe is pretty basic, so you can easily change or improve it. Add some protein powder, vanilla essence, chia seeds, dried fruits, coconut or whatever ingredient you like. I like to keep the recipe basic and then play with different toppings. My favourite ones are chocolate & pretzel and shredded coconut ones!
- 150 g/ 5.3 oz cashews
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz dates, pitted (if using dried dates, soak them in hot water for 10 minutes, then drain)
- 1-2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Optional: 1-3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Optional: cocoa powder, shredded coconut, melted chocolate, pretzels, chopped cashews, chopped pistachios… (for coating)
- Mix cashews, dates and cocoa powder in the food processor until it forms up like a ball. The mixture should be a little bit sticky. If your mixture is too dry, add 1-3 tbsp of water.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Then form about 15 small truffles. Roll them in the toppings and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!